Contact 0151 226 7286


A prompt electrical certification service helps landlords avoid rental voids and stay on the right side of the law.


“Unlike gas regulations, there is no law that says you must have a landlord electrical safety certificate. However, Landlords are obliged to ensure that all electrical appliances and fittings within a rental property are safe and in good working order. Failure to comply with the Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1994 and the The Consumer Protection Act 1987 is a criminal offence and may result in:


Walsh Welsh Landlord Electrical Service 


These regulations are enforced by the Health & Safety Executive. So, to avoid legal penalties, we recommend that our landlords in the Northwest have periodic checks done by a qualified electrician like Walsh & Welsh.”


Legally, Landlords have an obligation to ensure that all electrical equipment is safe. (Under the Electrical Equipment Safety Regulations 1994, the Plugs and Sockets etc. Safety Regulations 1994.) These rules come under the Consumer Protection Act 1987. It is a requirement that for certain types of electrical work in dwellings, plus garages, sheds, greenhouses and outbuildings to comply with these standards. Only an approved electrician may carry out the work.


“If your rental property is an HMO (House of Multiple Occupation) you are required by law to provide yearly PAT (portable appliance testing) certificates for all appliances. But the PAT rules don’t stop there…


Any second hand equipment MUST have be PAT tested by law.


Appliances being serviced or repaired MUST be PAT tested and must carry the requisite sticker.


Upgrading to 17th edition RCD’s (residual current device) to replace older style fuse boards can be done quite cheaply (certainly less than a court case) and will provide electrical shock protection. Usually within hundredths of a second.


Always get a Part P registered electrician in York to carry out electrical work. As a Part P registered electrical contractor, Walsh & Welsh electrical services registers any work with NAPIT, for which you will recieve a certificate.


Landlords must be aware that you are not allowed to do ANY DIY electrical work in kitchens or bathrooms yourself. Other areas within the rental property are also strictly controlled by building regulations and the law. If you do carry out DIY electrical jobs yourself, and an accident occurs, your insurance will be invalid.”




We can offer you a free no obligation quote now, so contact us for more information.